Alzheimer’s & Memory Care
For residents with memory-based needs due to conditions such as Alzheimer’s or dementia, the Residences at Chestnut Ridge Homestead floor provides a secure community with specialized memory care services. Residents are able to engage with care partners and socialize on a daily basis. Our team is committed to helping them feel happy, fulfilled, safe and cared for.
What is Alzheimer’s memory care?
Memory care provides specialized services to those suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s in a secure assisted living setting. Residents may live in semi-private apartments or private rooms and have structured activities delivered by care partners specifically trained to work with memory impairment.
Seniors with memory-based needs require individualized care and assistance. We have a simple yet significant mission: make sure each and every resident lives a meaningful, dignified and happy life. Our secure community provides all of the resources to ensure that residents are comfortable and engaged to the greatest extent possible.
Based on an individual’s needs, our experienced care partners provide individualized assistance with daily living tasks. Typical areas of support include:
- Help with meals
- Medication management and medical treatment
- Cognivitve and Memory-building
- Occupational and physical therapy
- Physical exercise and activity
- Psychiatric support and treatment
- Ongoing safety and security monitoring
Whether you are a spouse, son, daughter or friend of an individual diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or dementia, your involvement in this distinct stage of life is necessary. As you ask questions and plan for the future, keep in mind that everyone is affected in a unique way. As you plan for the future, here are some questions to think about during the early stages.
Are there changes in their capability of performing routine daily activities?
- Walking or moving from place to place (e.g., moving from a chair to the bed)
- Dressing and grooming
Are there changes in their behavior?
- Lack of motivation or initiative
- Failure to return your phone calls
- Increasingly verbally or physically abusive
- Cannot recall names of familiar people or objects
- Consistent memory lapses or confusion
- Frequently gets lost walking or driving
- Frequently misplaces things
- Loss of reasoning skills
- Rapid mood swings
- Repeats stories
Are there changes in their physical appearance?
- Poor hygiene or sloppy appearance
- Same clothing is worn over and over
- Noticeable weight loss
- Bruises or burns
Are there changes in the physical appearance of the home?
- Unmaintained yard or interior of the home
- Pots and pans with noticeable burn marks
- Automobile dents and scratches
- Unopened mail or unpaid bills
- Unfilled prescriptions
- Low food supply
- Urine odor
- Carpet stains caused by dropping or spilling things
Throughout all conversations, we remain sensitive and kind. Our staff is committed to working with families to provide the best possible aging- in – place for seniors living in Chester, PA.
We’re here for your loved ones. And we’re here for you.